Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sheep, Sheepdogs, Wolves
A few thought about those who circle the flock

I'm sure we've all heard or read the analogy that 98% of the world's population is comprised of sheep, and the remaining 2% is evenly divided between sheepdogs and wolves.

Worldly, scumbags like al-Qaeda, crackheads, and registered Democrats are the wolves. They'd love nothing more than to see us with our proverbial (and sometimes literal) throats ripped out.

Conversely, guys like those in the Armed Forces, Law Enforcement officials, and other assorted gunslingers keep the wolf from the door. They live to fight the wolf. Sometimes they kill the wolf... sometimes the wolf kills them.

I think the 98% and 2% analogy works for the state of our souls as well.

More and more often, it's Wolves In Sheep's Clothing that try to tear our souls to bits and send us to hell. They try to pass themselves off as "good Catholics", all the while feeding us poison that's sweetened with at least a drop of Truth.

And in today's New & Improved Catholic Church, it's the sheepdogs that have the bad manners to tell us what we need to hear instead of what we want to hear. And more often than not, they endure a White Martyrdom at the hands of their own fellow-priests.

Here's the bottom line -- priests whose formation and priesthood is built upon solid, orthodox and time-tested Catholicism sometimes end up standing in front of the firing squad. Those whose formation and priesthood is built upon heresy, disloyalty and the-flavor-of-the-day theology sometimes end up standing in front of the Grand Jury.

"Father" Paul Shanley found guilty for raping children.


An already wounded Blessed Father Miguel Pro is shot in the head.


7 Comments:

Blogger Bill Hoog said...

Somehow, this seems bassackwards to me.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

How so, Bill?

1:18 PM  
Blogger TCN said...

Jesus and the Blessed Mother told us it would be so.

Only prayer can turn this around. With God, all things are possible.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I think I know what Bill means.

"Fr." Shanley should get the death penalty for what he did. Or to put it bluntly, he is the 1 who should be shot because he wasn't faithful to his vows as a priest. Instead, Blessed Fr. Pro was shot because he was.

Am I right Bill?

PS That wolf looks strangely like a few pro-aborts I've had to face while peacefully marching to defend life or while praying in front of an abortion clinic. On 2nd thought, he actually looks a lot friendlier.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

You may be right, Al.

5:04 AM  
Blogger wildcat_conservative said...

Another wolf analogy we can all use:
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

1:39 PM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

WC, I LIKE that!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home