Friday, February 08, 2008

Just A Couple Of Quick Political Observations...
It's been a slow news day

As I was cruising my news portals, I came across a couple of interesting headlines. The first one (from the Catholic News Agency) informed me that Catholic vote goes for McCain, Clinton.

Hmm... so "Catholics" are voting for either a man who has no problem with Embryonic Stem Cell Research, or a woman who is openly hostile to the unborn in any status. So much for the "teaching authority" of the vast majority of American bishops, huh?

Then I ran across this little gem from LifeNews.com; NARAL Gives John McCain 96% Pro-Life Voting Record on Abortion Issues

So that means that 96% of the time, he votes to defend innocent human life. But then it hit me... it must suck to be the remaining 4%, huh?

Let's not bullshit each other... you either defend innocent human life, or you don't. Freakin' period. Much like being pregnant or dead: you either is or you ain't.

3 Comments:

Blogger ignorant redneck said...

I'm pretty much over being enthusiastic for any one running. It seems as if there is no ethical standard, no moral standard, just what is thought to be the thing that will bring in votes. I don't even think I'm going to vote this year, as I don't want to participate in evil.

And it's clear to me that whoever I vote for, will be evil.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Jeff Miller said...

Not much of a fan of Sen. McCain, but his view on ESCR has changed somewhat since his two votes for it. No doubt Sen. Brownback has moderated him on this.

His position is now to ban all human cloning and all procedures that create embryos for research. Effectively this eliminates almost all forms of ESCR. The only thing his current position allows is research using so-called leftover embryos from IVF. Because of immunological problems of rejection of other people's tissue scientists are not looking for these human embryos, and besides they have to have permission from the parents to use them in the first place.

So effectively McCain's current position effectively is against ESCR. Though he needs to go all the way and condemn the use of these embryo's in research also.

Effectively though we also have hardly any fully pro-life politicians. Many of them use the rape and incest clause so they to are for abortions in some circumstances. As if the child should be executed for the sins of the father even though the father will not get executed for rape or incest.

McCain despite his numerous faults is a hell of a lot more pro-life than Moloch Obama or Shrillery and last year he did vote to defund Planned Parenthood.

10:43 AM  
Blogger JennyZ said...

"McCain despite his numerous faults is a hell of a lot more pro-life than Moloch Obama or Shrillery and last year he did vote to defund Planned Parenthood."

Exactly. I'm mad that, here in Texas, our primaries will be held long after they're useful. >:(

But I hope that people realize that even though McCain isn't the picture perfect person for the job, he's still committed to putting Constitutionalist judges on the Supreme Court. And there's sure to be a few openings in the next 8 years. Not voting would be putting those judicial decisions in the hands of a pro-abortion Democrat.

I pray that people realize that. I really, really do.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home