Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Please give to the Help Trey Fund
What comes around, goes around

This past weekend, my brother-in-law, Robert "Trey" Bullock, was attacked down in Charleston, SC. From what we've gathered so far (and in all honesty, my wife and I haven't gotten all the details yet), but we have been told that he was assaulted with an axe and a tire iron... and still beaten while he was already unconscious on the ground.

Being a construction worker in a state that's already saturated with illegals who undercut his bids with regularity, Trey is hurting for money. So much so, that he had to cancel his health/hospitalization insurance a few months back.

Now he's in MUSC (the Medical University of South Carolina) with a fractured skull, fractured facial bones, blood on the brain, and he's leaking spinal fluid.

A Victims Advocacy group has already agreed to pay for a portion of his medical expenses, but like I said, only a portion.

I've placed a PayPal donate button to the left of the blog, so if you can help... even if it's a dollar or two, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and my God bless.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vir Speluncae Orthodoxae said...

Just prayed for him. I'll work on the money.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

VSO,
Thanks, bro. Both are appriciated more than you know. Especially the prayers.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Coffee Catholic said...

Drats! PayPal doesn't work for me. It's evil. Can you set up any other kind of on-line thing where debit cards can be used??

I'm praying for your bro-in-law. Why was he attacked?!?!?!?!? How awful!!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

CC,
I may be wrong, but I think PayPal takes credit cards only. But believe me, your prayers are VERY much appriciated.

As to the reason why... this looks like one of those random acts of violence. I was told that I shouldn't put my opnions about this up on the bolg, until this resolves itself in court. But I can say this: 3 individuals attacked him, one of them is already in jail (and what a big shocker, he has a history of involvment with law enforcement). And it turns out that the other two are minors, but from what I understand, there's a move to have them tried as adults.

As I get more info, I'll be posting it.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Hail3N1 said...

My prayers will also be offered for your brother-in-law. Is there an address or email where I can send a check or money order? Holy Mary, Our Mother, please watch over Trey.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Carol D'Annunzio said...

Praying for your brother-in-law and your family.

I don't have a credit card, so an address to mail a check would be great.

God bless.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Vir Speluncae Catholicus said...

Hail and C d'A,
I'll check with my in-laws and see if they have no objections to their home address being posted on the net.

Either way, your prayers are more than enough!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home