Friday, March 11, 2011

Why Catholicism desperately needs the Anglican Ordinariate and the SSPX

Our soon-to-convert brethren aren't Protestant infiltrators. We already have enough of those in many, many Chanceries, rectories and convents.

Case in point: Australian Bishop Pat Power, the auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Canberra is threatening resignation because, as he sees it, The Church is pulling back from the reforms promised by Vatican II.

Powers is calling for a "total systematic reform" of the Catholic Church, including a reconsideration of "the authoritarian nature of the Church, compulsory celibacy for the clergy, the participation of women in the Church, the teaching on sexuality in all aspects."

He has also called an open discussion of women's ordination.

There a word for people like Powers. They're called Protestants.

Continue reading...

5 Comments:

Blogger VSO said...

Are you sure you're not Orthodox Cavey, because that's exactly the way we see it...those of us who know that is.

4:11 PM  
Blogger scotju said...

VSC, when the Anglican Rite becomes available in my area, I'm going and I'm joining!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Adeodatus49 said...

There a word for people like Powers. They're called Protestants.

Oh . . . where to start? Not Protestant. I like many of them even if I disagree with them vigorously on the real AUTHORITY of Christianity. But I can't stand him! I think Reprobate, Apostate, or Liberal-flunky LOSER would better describe this ersatz-bishop.

Oh, and the Pope should call his bluff. I hope he (the bishop) resigns. Good riddance.

And to VSO: I guess I am an "Orthie" too! *big friendly grin*

6:34 PM  
Blogger Saint Michael Come To Our Defense said...

Truth is not our making, but God's.

And hence the Church in her history, due reparation made, has always welcomed the heretic back into the treasury of her souls, but never his heresy into the treasury of her wisdom.

*

2:18 AM  
Blogger Mike the Geek said...

"as he sees it, The Church is pulling back from the reforms promised by Vatican II."

Okay - I'm an Anglican who has recently (and gratefully) entered into full communion with the Roman Catholic Church, so I'm a bit of a newbie here - but as far as I can tell, NONE of the things he seems to be advocating were permitted or advocated by the 2nd Vatican Council.

Did I miss something?

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home